

I am amazingly close to my sisters. We are best friends. We laugh about ridiculous things together, scream our lungs out at football games, have inside jokes, and just act out of control together.

This past weekend I had to say goodbye to Kelsie Ann. I was leaving Boise and Kels will be leaving to Moscow in two weeks. As I was hugging every one goodbye I went to hug Kelsie and she said "such a casual goodbye?" then it hit me how big this goodbye would be. As we hugged I started sobbing... yes not just crying, but body shaking, tear streaming, sob.
I didn't think I would cry saying goodbye to her and then I realized that things we're officially changing, we have both grown up so much. I'm married, she's starting her first year of college, Kilee only has two years at home then she's off as well. I never thought this day would happen. It seems like just yesterday we were fighting over which Barbie's to play with, or spending hours in grandma's pool with our matching nala swimsuits. Now, all of the sudden we are parting ways?


I am so grateful for the friendship I have built with both of my sisters. Because I know that no matter how much distance is between us, we are still best friends. Even though it was hard to say goodbye, and accept this new phase of life we're all entering, it makes me excited as well.


I'm excited for Kels to be out on her own, to go to college, and to one day get married :) I'm excited to see Kilee graduate from high school and see what she chooses to do after high school. I'm excited for us to have kids, and for them to be best cousin friends. I am so grateful for my sisters. I am so glad that we are best friends.
4 comments:
You just made me smile! :)
I love you more than life sister! :) You are the best in the whole world.
I remember when I lived in Boise for that short time and you and Kelsie would fight constantly! And I said "One day, your sisters will be your best friends." And you rolled your eyes. I love all my sibs, but especially my seesters.
Kayla I know exactly how you feel!! Having sisters is the best thing in the world! We are so so lucky to have such awesome sisters too! :) Such cute pics of you guys! Hope all is well!
Kylee
Post a Comment