It all happened when I made my husband go to the doctor.
I thought I was being such a good wife making my sick husband go to the doctor until this happened...
This picture makes it look GOOD. My poor husband was covered from head to toe in hives. He couldn't sleep and he could hardly breath. He was having an allergic reaction to his medicine.
Since we were at the doctors multiple times that week, I thought I would bring Jordon's strange sleeping habits up to the Doctor.
(I found Jordon like this one morning... so cute)
My poor husband has never been a "good sleeper".
He snores very loud which results in me hitting him numerous times a night.
He twitches which results in him hitting ME numerous times a night.
I told the doctor that I did not think this was normal behavior.
So she recommended that Jordon do a sleep study.
One LONG night away from each other and after Jordon being hooked up to many different machines we learned that Jordon has sleep apnea.
The doctor told us that Jordon stops breathing an average of 10 times an hour.
Scary?
He now wears a retainer like device to keep is jaw open so he can breath :)
He has stopped SNORING!
It has been amazing for both of us.
Even though it was a long journey of a sinus infection turned into a rash followed by a diagnosis of sleep apnea... it was all very worth it!
We are both sleeping great.
I am pretty sure my husband will never let me take him to the doctor again :)
2 comments:
Oh what a good wife you are! I'm sure your glad all the sleep habits have come to an end!
I'm glad you guys found all that. My dad has sleep apnea too and sleeps with some sort of machine. It must be the same machine. I'm glad you made him go to the doctor.
Post a Comment