Heap Family

Heap Family

14.7.12

Just the best vacation ever.

I know my last post was about another vacation but I have been such a LOUSY blogger lately. I promise after this post it will be back to reality posts and no more vacations :( Which saddens me because I am the biggest vacation junkie EVER!

We have been planning this trip for quite a while.  We knew we wanted to Cancun before babies come and life gets busy. Yet, we were still a little hesitant to book this trip. We knew it would dwindle our bank account by quite a bit :) One day I was feeling brave and booked this trip while Jordon was taking a nap! He woke up from his nap and I told him the great news! And that is how this whole adventure started.

We stayed at the Fiesta Americana Condessa which was AMAZING.  We would go back again in a heart beat.  We had an ocean view room which was to die for.  It was so unreal looking out our window everyday.
 So many funny/embarrassing/ridiculous things happened to us this trip which made it even more memorable.  Our first night we decided to try out the Mexican restaurant.  They offered us a special drink called Jamaica which is made out of rose petals.  Jordon had it on his mission and loved it so we were quite excited about it.  We asked our waiter if it had alcohol in it and he assured us that there was not.  Then our drinks came... I was a little concerned about the salt around the rim but didn't think too much about it until we took our first sip.  We looked at each other and laughed. We knew we were drinking something a little different.  Jordon then asked our waiter in spanish what it was and he responded "Jamaica with tequila." We laughed so hard! We quickly learned our lesson (and repented hahaha) and only asked for diet coke for the rest of the trip.
 We loved to take the buses to all the different shopping centers.  We even went to wal mart! It was quite the fiasco getting there and actually quite the fiasco inside wal mart but we succeeded!

The beach outside our hotel was amazing.  We even found some really legit sea shells.  When we first got to our hotel was put our swim suits on and headed to the beach.  It has been quite some time since I've swam in the ocean and I almost drowned! A big wave came up... I fell down and went with the wave the whole way to the shore.  Needless to say I was a little shaken up and had sand EVERYWHERE! 


We titled the picture below "Hobbit in the Big City".  Poor me... I was so confused in mexico! I couldn't understand a THING people were saying to me even if it was in English haha. Good thing I had Jordon to translate ENGLISH for me! This picture was taken right after a little catastrophe.  We stood up on the bus to get off our stop.  It stopped kinda abruptly so I went to hold on to the rail.  Instead of holding on to the rail I got caught in this lady's Prada sunglasses and sent them flailing across the bus and down the stairs.  I was so embarrassed! I handed them to her and we ran off the bus as quick as we could!!!



It really was one of the best vacations EVER! We had so much fun spending time together, swimming, exploring cancun, sleeping in, eating lots of food, and drinking lots of "non alcoholic" drinks!



No comments: