Heap Family

Heap Family

6.3.13

Its a GIRL!

I feel like we had been waiting for this appointment forever. When the day finally came I had so many emotions excited/nervous/anxious... I was basically all over the place.  I read that if you want your baby to be active during the ultrasound to drink orange juice. I may have taken this a little too far. Little bean was all over the place. She would be in one position the next then completely flip the other way and then be upside down and then on the other side. Baby bean did this the whole entire ultrasound. It was so funny to watch but I did worry I may have "sugared" her a little too much haha. My favorite was when she kept grabbing her little toes it was so cute! 


All of the sudden the tech said.. "and those are the little parts of a ...." 
*Side note: Me and Jordon really thought we were going to have a boy.  We took the votes of all our family members and just about everyone voted girl besides me and Jordon. So when she said ... "and those are the little parts of a ..." I really expected the next words out of her mouth to be BOY but instead she typed a G.. I...R...L on the screen. I was beyond excited. I started crying and me and Jordon just smiled at each other in disbelief. She will be the first granddaughter on my side AND she will also be the first granddaughter on Jordon's side! 


As soon as we got into the car after the appointment we started calling our friends and family.  There were many screams of excitement from our moms, grandmas, and sisters. The next thing we did was of course go shopping at Target.


Little girl stuff is so cute. Jordon had to limit how many things we bought because I had my arms stuffed with dresses, pajamas, and all sorts of cute stuff. 


Baby bean is growing and growing!! These pics were taken at 20 and 21 weeks. I am finally starting to feel like a normal person and have finally conquered morning sickness HURRAY!

We seriously are so excited to start our little family!!!!


3 comments:

Kelsey Eaton said...

YAY!! You look terrific!

Amy Baker said...

You look so great! Congrats on having a little girl! I think a girl would be so much fun!

DeeAnna said...

Oh YAY!!! Girls are so fun! Congratulations you guys!