Heap Family

Heap Family

23.8.13

Baby Bean is Here!

Alison Jean finally made her arrival July 19 at 6:36pm after a miserable 26 hours of labor. I will spare you the details of the "birth story" because quite frankly I'm sure my story would convince people not to have children and I would hate to be held responsible for that. Let's just say after a foley bulb to induce labor, 12 hours of vomiting, 3 trips to the triage, and finally an hour and half of pushing right as my epidural stopped working was not the most pleasant experience. 
Anyways... it was worth it to finally hold her in my arms and it has been quite the adventure ever since. 












I can't stop taking pictures of her she is just so perfect!

It has really been a crazy month trying to get used to the whole "mom" thing.
It is easier that I had expected in a lot of ways and at the same time harder than I could have ever imagined. She's developed quite the night time crying/fussiness/colicky (call it whatever you wish) routine.  Yesterday she really outdid herself by crying for 12 hours straight. I was equally impressed and exhausted. I think me and Jordon have worn down the carpet from walking the halls with her all night. I am keeping (trying my best to keep) the mindset that she is only little for just a little bit, and this is just a phase. For now we are enjoying the happy moments, her cute little grins, her milk drunkness, even the little moments where my arms feel like they will fall off from bouncing her for hours. 
It's definitely an adjustment and difficult at times but I wouldn't trade it for anything. I will never forget that moment Jordon handed me our perfect 8 pound baby and the instant love I felt for her. I am amazed that that love increases every single day. I feel so lucky to get to keep this little girl forever! 

3 comments:

Crystal said...

Every single one of my babies has been awful until they are about 3 or 4 months old (until they outgrow the colic.) It's awful and it's okay to say so. It stinks. My mom is going to send you a book that saved our butts as new parents. It's Healthy Sleep Habits Happy Child. It gives you so much info on colicky babies and how to not go insane.

She's adorable. :D How lucky she is to have you as parents!

Amy Baker said...

She is so precious!! with my 1st I was in labor for a long time! But with my 3rd it went fast and I had a horrible experience with that one. the nurses never came in to check on me Chad almost had to deliver! So not every kid is horrible you will have a easy one!

Anonymous said...

I love it!!! She is seriously a doll!!! What a cute baby.... Way to have such a good attitude, it's true they are only little for such a short time!!! Your labor story not so fun!!! I'm sure your glad and done its over!! My first lasted forever!!! Congrats again, she is beautiful!!!!