This weekend me and Laurie attempted to make caramel apples.
Don't they look beautiful? Well we did something wrong. We figured we didn't really need to "chill" them in the refrigerator. We figured we could just let them sit for a bit longer... we were wrong haha.
Since we didn't cool them they were stuck to the tinfoil. The caramel literally acted like glue. We had quite the fiasco trying to separate our caramel apples from the tinfoil. I ate mine with some tinfoil on the bottom... I didn't mind it still tasted AMAZING :)

This is Laurie and Tanner attempting to separate the apples from the tin foil. It took all three of us to complete the task.

Me with the completed products, after we got them unstuck from the tin foil. Funny thing is they sat on this plate overnight and the next day they were glued to the plate. It was hilarious.


Today was my first "real" day of teaching 5th grade. I am in a group of three, and each week we alternate who is the lead teacher. This week I was in charge. I didn't think 5th graders could be so intimidating. At the beginning of my lesson they were fully pounding on their desk and clapping along with the "We Will Rock You" cheer. I'm not sure who started it but within minutes I had lost control and every student was participating. All I could do was laugh. I have learned that teaching is ALOT OF WORK. And that you should never expect ANYTHING to go as you had planned, and don't expect things to work out perfectly. Because it won't. You just have to go with the flow of things, and hope by some chance they are learning something haha. But I do have an official name badge, so I feel like a pretty legit teacher.


I am obsessed with this picture of me and Jordon. Its so awkward and precious at the same time. Oh my heavens I miss this boy so much. Only 4 and a half months :) Hallelujah!
5 comments:
Haha! I will always think of you when I see a caramel apple! Haha! They were good though after we got them unstuck from the foil and unstuck from the plate!!
New rule for you. . . no posting pictures of me unless I approve!! haha!!
You look so official with your school name tag! :)
You and Jord are so dang cute together!!
I love that picture of you and Jordon too!!! I took it :) It was right before Jordon wrote my number on a napkin and threw it at the guys in the booth behind me! It was also the first day I met the love of my best friends life. He made quite the impression. haha. I love you!!!!
Holy crap, 4 months is coming up so quick!!! time sure does fly by. Oh and my little Kayla teaching kids? is something wrong with that picture, i thought you just ate little kids!!!1 jk i'm sure your a great teacher!! Good luck with everything, oh and keep mark being good@@@
WOWO!!!! GREAT CARAMEL APPLES!! YOU ARE QUITE THE COOK!! HAHA SO FUNNY! I MISS YA! COME BACK TO BOISE!! AND I'M SO HAPPY THAT YOU NOW A TEACHER..WELL KIND OF! THAT'S SO FREAKING AWESOME! I BET YOUR KIDS LOVE YA!! YOU WILL BE A GREAT TEACHER!
Hi Kayla! This is Nick, I see you have a blog! I love the caramel apples...mine look almost the same. :) And congrats on teaching! Kids are so unexpected, and I've learned you sometimes just have to go with it...and keep control at the same time. And it sounds weird, but you'll know what I'm talking about. I LOVED teaching, just hang in there and it gets better!
Post a Comment