Heap Family

Heap Family

23.12.10

Good Ol' Wyoming

I could hear Jordon quietly sleeping next to me. Just as I was drifting to sleep I heard something next to the window. I was startled but figured it was nothing... then I heard it again. Now I was starting to get worried. I tried to ignore it, I did not want to wake up my sleeping husband. I lay in silence for a few more seconds when I heard a crash next to the window. My first thoughts were burglar... robber... murder. Drastic, I know. I finally decided it was an emergency and Jordon must be woken up. "Jordon... I think something is outside," I spoke softly but loud enough for him to hear. He responded that it was probably just the rain, I thought about it for a second and then said, "except it's not raining." He wasn't off the hook just yet, I was still scared. He mentioned then maybe it was a dog... still I was not pleased. I wanted him to check. He sat up in bed, and peered through the blinds. He was quiet for a moment and then said, "Oh my gosh." I was frozen with fear, my thoughts of burglars, robbers, and murders were coming true. I finally got the courage to look for myself. Sure enough there were three little deer outside our window. I sat in shock... not burglars at all. We sat in amazement looking at the deer graze through the backyard. What a night.


No comments: